Implementation of Scheme of "Merit-cum-Means based scholarship for the Meritorious girls students belonging to economically marginalised community."
DITO Social Welfare Association has introduced Merit-cum- Means based Scholarship to meritorious girls Students belonging to economically marginalised community.
OBJECT: The objective of the Scheme is to provide financial assistance to the poor and meritorious girl students belonging to the marginalised community to enable them to pursue professional and technical courses.
SCOPE: These scholarships are available for studies and will be awarded through schools/ educational institutions in which the girl student is pursuing her higher studies.
NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIP: Every year scholarships will be distributed among the girl students of marginalised communities and the number of scholarships to be provided will vary from year to year depending upon the availability of fund.
CONDITIONS FOR SCHOLARSHIP:
- Financial assistance will be given to pursue degree and/or post graduate level technical and professional courses from a recognized institution. Maintenance allowance (if applicable) will be credited to the girl student’s account. The course fee will be paid by DSWA directly to the institute concerned.
- Girl Student who gets admission in technical/professional courses without facing any competitive examination will also be eligible for scholarship. However, such students should have not less than 75% marks at higher secondary level. Selection of these students will be done strictly on merit basis.
- Continuation of the scholarship in subsequent years will depend on successful completion of the course during the preceding year.
- A scholarship holder under this scheme will not avail any other scholarship/stipend for pursuing the course.
- The annual income of the beneficiary/parent or guardian of beneficiary should not exceed Rs. 1.20 lakh from all sources.
Rate of Scholarship is as under
||Type of Financial Assistance
||Rate for hosteler
||Rate for Day Scholar
||Maintenance allowance for 10 months only
||INR 10,000 per annum or on actuals whichever is less
||INR 5000 per annum
||INR 1,00,000 per annum or on actuals whichever is less
||INR 1,00,000 per annum or on actuals whichever is less
- Maintenance allowance is payable from 1st April or from the month of admission, whichever is later, to the month in which the examinations are completed, (including maintenance allowance during holidays) maximum twice a year, provided that if the girl scholar secures admission after the 20th day of a month, the amount will be paid from the month following the month of admission.
- Scholarship will not be paid for the period of internship/housemanship in the M.B.B.S. course or for a practical training in other course if the student is in receipt of some remuneration during the internship period or some allowance/stipend during the practical training in other course.
Other Conditions for the Award :
- The scholarship is dependent on the satisfactory progress and conduct of the scholar. If it is reported by the Head of Institution at any time that a scholar has by reasons of her own act of default failed to make satisfactory progress or has been guilty of misconduct such as resorting to or participating in strikes, irregularity in attendance without the permission of the authorities concerned etc., the authority sanctioning the scholarship may either cancel the scholarship or stop or withhold further payment for such period as it may think fit.
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement, her scholarship will be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid will be recovered. The student concerned will be blacklisted and debarred for scholarship in any scheme forever.
- A scholarship awarded may be cancelled if the scholar changes the subject of the course of study for which the scholarship was originally awarded or changes the Institution of study, without prior approval of the State Government. The Head of the Institution shall report such cases to them and stop payment of the scholarship money. The amount already paid may also be recovered at the discretion of DSWA.
- A scholar is liable to refund the scholarship amount at the discretion of the DSWA, if during the course of the year, the studies for which the scholarship has been awarded, is discontinued by her.
- The regulations can be changed at anytime at the discretion of the DSWA.
Procedure for Applying
An application for scholarship should comprise:
- Print out of the application form for scholarship to be obtained by filling the same.
- One copy of the passport size photograph with signatures of the student thereon along with copy of Aadhaar card No./Aadhaar enrolment number.
- One attested copy of certificates, diploma, degree etc. in respect of all examination passed.
- An income declaration by the self-employed parents/guardians, stating definite income from all sources. Employed parents/guardians are required to obtain income certificate from their employer and for any additional income from other sources.
- Proof of permanent residence.
- Copy of bank detail including the name of account holder, address , bank address along with bank IFSC Code are required.
Application complete in all respects shall be submitted to the Head of the Institution, being attended or last attended by the candidates and shall be addressed to Programme Manager - DSWA or in accordance with the instructions issued by them from time to time.
Funding Pattern of the Scheme
The Scheme will be implemented by DSWA or DSWA approved project partner, with 100% DSWA assistance for the total expenditure under the scheme.
The time-line with regard to various activities relating to submission of application forms is as under:-
|| Last date for submission of applications for fresh Scholarship by students
|| June 2016
|| Last date for submission of duly signed printed version of applications by respective educational institution to DSWA
|| 15th July 2016
|| Last date for scrutiny of application by DSWA
|| 31st July 2016
|| Approval for Scholarship announced to students
|| 1st August 2016